My family and I love pasta , this meal is a healthy but delicious alternative . Being on a pretty restrictive diet I do not always eat with them as my meals should meet my workout goals ,but when I make this recipe , everybody wants to have some ,so I started making enough for everybody .It’s all about ditching the unnecessary carbs of industrial pasta and replacing them with veggies . I hope you will enjoy this meal as much as we do .
Veggies based tagliatelle and chicken .
Prep Time: 15-20 minutes | Serves: 4
6 large carrots
4 zucchini pieces
1 scallion ,diced
1 small onion ,diced
1 cup Broccoli
2 large tomatoes
1,5 lbs Chicken breast
3 tablespoon dried oregano
3 tablespoon thyme leaves
½ cup finely chopped celery
¼ chopped fresh parsley leaves
4 garlic cloves ,minced
½ cup dried basil
- Pour olive oil in a large pan over medium heat , add 3 garlic cloves and chicken. Season with oregano , salt , pepper , thyme , parsley , paprika , . Cook until well browned and put aside
- Peel the carrots and zucchini in a tagliatelle shape using a vegetables peeler . Check the video below for the instructions .
PS : You can replace the zucchini with more carrots .
- In a separate pan ,add more olive oil ,then put the onions and carrots as they take the longest to cook , after 3-4 min add the zucchini slices ,season with salt , white pepper , thyme ,oregano ,pinch of chili powder ( I really mean A PINCH ) and cook for 5 min until the vegetables are softened
- For the sauce , peel the tomatoes and dice them . Add olive oil on a large cooking pan , put the diced tomatoes ,the remaining garlic cloves , salt , pepper , parsley ,and mushroom . If you ‘re opting for fresh mushroom you should cook them for 2-3 min before adding them to the mix .
- once the tomatoes are softened , add one can of tomato sauce , cover and let simmer
- Put the veggie tagliatelle in a large bowl , add some sauce , half the chicken , parmesan and mix it .
- When serving , top the dish with the remaining chicken and cheese in each plate .
Feel great ,enjoy your food and remember that healthy meals can be delicious too .